[Pubmed] Practical Guidance on Initiating and Switching Targeted Immunotherapies in Generalised Myasthenia Gravis: A Ger

Intégration des publications parues sur PUBMED
Répondre
Avatar du membre

Auteur du sujet
RSS-Bot
Ami(e) de Diamant
Ami(e) de Diamant
Messages : 6500
Enregistré le : 31 mai 2020 09:57
6
Zodiaque :
Âge : 22
Contact :
    Windows 10 Chrome

[Pubmed] Practical Guidance on Initiating and Switching Targeted Immunotherapies in Generalised Myasthenia Gravis: A Ger

Message par RSS-Bot »


Eur J Neurol. 2026 Sep;33(9):e70747. doi: 10.1111/ene.70747.

ABSTRACT

BACKGROUND: The therapeutic landscape of generalised myasthenia gravis (gMG) has evolved substantially with the approval of targeted immunotherapies, including complement C5 inhibitors (C5-I) and neonatal Fc receptor inhibitors (FcRn-I). While pivotal trials have demonstrated marked efficacy in defined subgroups, real-world experience reveals more heterogeneous outcomes and raises questions about optimal patient selection, therapy sequencing and integration into clinical practice. In Germany and Austria, early access following regulatory approval has facilitated clinical experience over recent years. This expert opinion paper aims to combine current evidence with clinical experience to guide the use of C5-I and FcRn-I in everyday care.

METHODS: A panel of 18 neurologists from Germany and Austria, including two paediatric neurologists, evaluated study data and real-world experiences. Through structured discussion and a consensus process, they developed evidence- and experience-based recommendations on integrating targeted immunotherapies into existing treatment algorithms.

RESULTS: The panel provides practical recommendations for managing (highly) active gMG in adults, focusing on C5-I (eculizumab, ravulizumab, zilucoplan) and FcRn-I (efgartigimod, rozanolixizumab). The statements cover initiation criteria, sequencing and switching within and between drug classes and transitions to intensified immunomodulatory therapies (rituximab, apheresis, intravenous or subcutaneous immunoglobulin), as well as special considerations for juvenile MG.

CONCLUSIONS: This expert statement provides a practice-oriented framework integrating current evidence and clinical experience to support individualised therapeutic decision-making in gMG.

PMID:42717567 | DOI:10.1111/ene.70747


Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/4271756 ... 5&v=2.20.1
Si vous appréciez notre travail, merci de nous soutenir un petit don en cliquant ICI

Pour obtenir la traduction en français,
cliquez sur le bouton situé dans la barre des menus en haut de cette page 

Image


Pour les donateurs, si cet article vous intéresse, nous pouvons faire l’acquisition d'un tiré-à-part.
Merci d'en faire la demande sur [email protected]


Bonne lecture...
Répondre

Retourner vers « Echos de la recherche »